Monitor your Mac processes from the Menu bar
- Tasteful and discreet
- Monitors absolutely everything
- Elegant control panel makes it easy to activate monitoring
- Makes Menu Bar a bit cluttered
- Some of the info isn't much use for most users
iStat Menus is a tasteful and discreet resource monitor that sits quietly in your Menu bar and monitors all of your Mac's most important components in real time.
The developer of iStat Menus says "we love easy to use, impeccably crafted little applications" and it's hard to argue that iStat Menus is anything but that. The range of information accessible via iStat Menus is very impressive. The temperature sensors in particular cover everything from your AirPort card to battery enclosure, and even power supply. You can switch each individual element on and off via a very easy to use control center.
To see a detailed reading of CPU activity, temperatures and remaining hard drive space, just switch-on one of the iStat Menu monitor symbols in your Menu bar. The only slight downside I found is that, working on a MacBook, the Menu Bar can soon look very cluttered if you activate all of the monitoring features at once. Before long, you have a whole row of monitoring elements taking up the entire bar. There are also no preferences so you can't refine monitoring features according to your needs.
If you want precise temperature readings and performance stats on your Mac, iStat Menus is a comprehensive and incredibly powerful tool.
- Added dark dropdown theme. Added white menubar theme (for those with a dark Mac menubar). Added more customisation options in Disks extra. Moved disk activity into main drop down in Disks extra. Improved download & upload order to be more consistent. Fixed some installation issues. Fixed several calendar issues. Fixed world clocks being in the wrong order in some cases. Fixed an issue that caused the menubar time to stop updating.